Blue Lizard Equestrian Clothing is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Blue Lizard Equestrian Clothing may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Blue Lizard Equestrian, 41 High Street, Cheveley, Newmarket, CB8 9DQ
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information you give us.
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website, www.bluelizardequestrian.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- your contact details such as phone number, address details or email address.
- any information you provide which allows us to carry out our obligations to you.
- when you provide us with payment information.
- when you request and receive customer support.
- when you register to enter a competition, take up a promotional offer or take part in a survey.
- when you apply for a job and during the course of any employment or contract.
- when you comment on or review our services.
- when you report any problems with our website.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT:
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the information:
- essential data will be limited to your name, company name, physical address, email address and telephone number/s.
- we may also collect your social media user names if you interact with us through these channels. This helps us respond to your comments, feedback or questions. We may also collect details provided by you when completing a form or submitting an enquiry through our website.
- we may collect details of which of our website pages you have visited and information you have downloaded. We may keep a record of the services or products you have used or purchased in the past. We will only use this data to recommend services or products of interest and to personalise your website and customer experience with us.
- you may offer us documentation to prove your identity.
- we may collect further details of your use of our website, such as the search terms you use, the region in which your computer is located, the web pages visited, and advertisements clicked on.
- Cookies are used by websites to track your visits on any public web page. This data will tell us, for example, the page you landed on and your journey through our website. We use this information to improve the user experience.
WHY DO WE COLLECT DATA?
The law of data protection sets out a number of reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal details.
- contractual obligations
- legal compliance
- legitimate interest
Full information can be found on the ICO website.
Consent - If you choose to give us your data, we will process this with your consent. For example, you may complete our online enquiry form or sign up to receive a newsletter. We will make it clear which data is necessary to complete a particular service. You can request removal of your consent at any time.
Contractual obligations - for example, we will need your address to send you an item your ordered or if you have taken up a service which needs to be fulfilled by a third party.
Legal compliance - if the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in criminal activity which affects us to law enforcement.
Legitimate interest - we may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in which may be reasonably expected as part of running our businesses. This will not materially impact on your rights, freedom or interests. We may use the data relating to your interest in our services, products, information or offerings, to personalise further services, products, information or offerings.
We may also use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post or by email. We will use this to tell you about products or services we think might interest you.
Some data we hold on associates or employees working with us is required under 'contractual obligation' and some under 'legal compliance'. We believe both of these to fall under 'legitimate interest'.
We aim to provide you with the best possible experience when engaging with us. We will also use data to monitor the performance of our services to you and others. Any data gathered for this purpose will be used for this purpose. Should you choose not to share data with us, then we may not be able to provide some services to you or provide the level of service you expect from us.
PERSONAL DATA WE DISCLOSE TO THIRD PARTIES
There may be occasions whereby we disclose your data to a third-party organisation. We follow strict guidelines in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access.
Examples of this may be:
- where there is a legal obligation to do so, for example, a court order.
- data which needs to be shared to allow the administering of the business.
- if we are securing the service of a third party to assist in improving a service to you. An example of which may be a courier involved in the delivery of your goods.
Any data shared or transferred is made under strict controls and contractual guarantees of data security from any third party we use.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
The security of your personal information is vital to us, but it is also key to remember that no method of transmission is a 100% secure, which will include electronic storage or internet transmission.
We use standard commercial software and systems. We also use best practice internal procedures to help us protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
To help us protect your data the best we can we:
- ensure that the collection and processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- secure all the transactional areas of our website using https technology
- limit user access to your personal and sensitive data and apply appropriate security layers, such as password protection.
- regularly monitor and assess our systems and processes for any vulnerabilities or attacks and identify ways to enhance our security.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
When we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as necessary, and just for the purpose for which it was collected, or until you ask us to delete it.
At the end of the retention period, we will delete your data.
If you are an active customer, then we would expect to store and maintain your personal data for the purpose for which it was provided, along with the relevant work files and for the duration of your contract with us.
Upon formal completion of an order, the type of data we hold will determine the period for which we are required to keep it. For instance, accounts or invoice records must be held for a period of 7 years as required by HMRC.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS concerning THE DATE WE HOLD AND PROCESS?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, incomplete or out of date.
- That we stop any consent-based process of your data after you withdraw that consent.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing, through specific channels or all channels, as you wish.
- Your personal data is used in violation of the law.
- You wish to exercise your right to withdraw consent
- You want to use your 'right to erasure' under the Data Protection Act 2018.
You may contact us to request your rights at any time.
Please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by letter to Blue Lizard Equestrian, 41 High Street, Cheveley, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 9DQ.
We will answer your request within 30 days. Should we choose not to action your request, we will explain the reasons why. Should we feel we have a legitimate reason to continue processing your personal data we will let you know. You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through any channel. Most communications you receive from us, such as emails or newsletters will enable you to unsubscribe directly. Please click the 'unsubscribe' link in any email communication we sent to you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular email series.
The types of cookies you can expect to see in the use of our website are from:
- Google Analytics - statistical analysis of website performance
- MailChimp - our marketing automation and newsletter system
Contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to Blue Lizard Equestrian, 41 High Street, Cheveley, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 9DQ.
The Information Commissioner's Office, or ICO, can be contacted if you wish to complain or we are unable to resolve any difference. https://ico.org.uk/concerns.