After a fabulous week at Olympia, the Shetland Grand National Team move to Liverpool International Horse Show .
This year we are delighted to be sponsoring two riders, Daisy Dace and Zac Kent. Zac had a successful time at Olympia and has had quite a year with a number of good wins! Daisy is riding at Liverpool and we wish her loads of luck.. Look out for our name on their breeches!
If you are keen to have a go, there are some rules as you would expect. The basics are:
- To enter Olympia qualifiers they must have had their 9th birthday but not their 14th by 1st January.
- All children must have obtained their 8th birthday by 1st January of the racing year to participate in display races.
- All jockeys must be under 5 foot in height.
- All Shetland ponies must be between 37-42 inches in height, aged between 5-20 years old and registered with the Shetland Pony Stud Book Society.
- To be eligible to take part in the Shetland Pony Grand National, jockeys and ponies must attend the training day.
However you can find out more information on the Shetland Pony Grand National Website